Tuesday 12 November 2013

Chromecast is it worth buying?


A Christmas idea for the person who has everything and loves gadgets,

I like to recommend exploring Google’s new Chromecast its surprisingly inexpensive and a tool you may find worth having,  Essentially it’s just a digital media streaming adapter;  a dongle you attach to an HDMI port on your HDTV that allows you to play audio/video by streaming WIFI  from the internet or  local network.  So  you enjoy online music  and videos on your TV but you control it via your smartphone, tablet or laptop.  Though things like Netflix , Youtube,  and Google’s Play  (which comes with a series of built in Apps to choose and upload with).  I first used the Chrome cast to view an I-pay-per view event, and is miles above watching it on my small 11 inch netbook screen.  I can never go back to view it any other way.   For  better proof on  Set up here is an independent  first time user -  watch this video. 
 
 

Now if you are not tech savy,  and want the set up - step by step; and also you want to weigh in on the pros and cons.  Then here is some independent tech experts trying out the Chromecast, please be aware  these guys are tech minded so expect some jargon that may sound unfamiliar, but I do recommend looking up items that they do raise in question, to better your overall understanding.
 
 
But I need to give a balance assessment, as mentioned in the above videos other distributors need to sign on the Chromecast if it wants to survive .  I was disappointed I can't  stream my local mp3. And if your HDTV comes with Smart TV then you have a superior product existing built in your Television.
 
As for the proven alternative with a history of success  click the link for  Roku.

No comments:

Post a Comment